Thursday 5 February 2015

The Great British Sewing Bee

I absolutely love this programme! Over the last few years the trend for 1950s living has been huge! From the fashions to baking and of course make do and mend! This trend which I sadly think is really coming to an end, took over all aspects of life encouraging a younger generation into home crafts. I can honestly say before this trend started I never ate cupcakes now I'm sick of them! Thank you Great British Bake Off! 

One big revival was making your own clothes and customising! And The BBC jumped on this band wagon with the show, The Great British Sewing Bee. It showed the more technical side of sewing, showing that u can't just pin something and shove it under a sewing machine! 
They have just started their 3rd season and I'm really looking forward to seeing what the contestants create this time round. 

This show has real nostalgia tied up in it for me, when I had just had my little boy the second season had just aired and it kept me company throughout the night while I was doing night feeds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment