Wednesday 29 April 2015

100 year old photographs


Photography is such an integrated part of everyday life. Just looking around me right now I can see dozens of photographic images from actual photos to adverts using photos! I don't know a lot about the history of photography but even I have seen film etc showing olden days families sitting still posing for images while the photographer hides behind an enormous stand up camera and a big 'poof' and the image is taken. 

These photographs really intrigued me. Nearly 100 years old but look like they were taken a mear 40 or so ago! 

These colour images were taken in 1910 by Mervyn O'Gorman who was 42 years old when he shot the images. 
The young woman in the pictures is said to be O'Gormans daughter Christina.

The Autochrome photography process was applied to create the melancholy tone of the images using dye and starch.


No comments:

Post a Comment